Friday, January 30, 2009

How to Shave With Shaving Oil

Shave oil can provide one of the closest shaves you have ever experienced. Not only does shaving oil produce a great shave, it is also one of the cheapest shaving products you will need. A few small drops go along way with this method of shaving.

First, you will need to prepare your skin for shaving. If time permits, you should wash your face with a good facial cleanser to remove dead skin cells and skin oil. Dead skin can cause friction to the blade and produce an inferior shave. Next, I like to place a hot towel on my face for one to two minutes. This opens your pores and softens the beard. It also stands the whiskers up allowing a smoother shave.

Next, you want to wet your face with hot water. Now apply 3 or 4 drops of your shaving oil to the palm of your hand. With the other hand, use your fingertips to rub the shaving oil over your entire beard. Then I like to wet the palm of my hand that I used to place the shaving oil in and rub it over my entire beard. This just uses the little bit of oil that is left on your hand. Finally, you want to re-wet your face with warm water. Now you are ready to shave.

When shaving, I also like to prepare my razor similarly to my skin. I like to hold the razor under hot running water for a minute or so. I have read that this will make the blade a little sharper. I don’t know if this is true or not, but it seems like my shaves are closer when I do.

Now just shave as normal. If you need to go back over a place, don’t add more shaving oil. All you have to do is add a little more water to the area and wet your blade. I told you it is economical. When you are done shaving there is no need to wash your face again. Shave oil contains essential oils that are really beneficial to the skin, so you can just wipe your face off with a towel. If you are not using shaving oil for your daily shave, then you are really missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment